It really feels like Friday. Maybe because I wish it was Friday. It has been a long week, and yet somehow I still feel so behind. I think that is going to be a general principal of this semester.
Part of it has been that I'm doing a lot of social activities this week, which is unusual. Most of my friends have already moved away, and the rest know that I'm writing and don't bother me as often. BUT, one friend of mine is getting married this weekend, so we had a "bachelorette dinner" on Monday. And then yesterday I got to see Alton Brown speak for free. How could you pass that up?? It was hilarious! He liked making fun of grad students a lot, and was dead on about how there's nothing in this town. "It's not even really a town...just a college." Hence the name, I guess. And then this weekend, on Friday is a little wedding reception...and Saturday, a friend of mine who graduated a few years ago is coming to visit! It will be a busy time.
Maybe Sunday I can get some more work done. I'm not sure what my advisor is thinking for getting the book chapter done. I thought it was due, well, tomorrow, but I am pretty darn sure that won't happen. I could maybe see it happening the end of next week if she works non-stop on it. But, we have a good 1/3 or more to overhaul, then cleaning it up and referencing and incorporating figures...there's no way that will get done by tomorrow, even if we both don't sleep. At least she likes my work: yesterday she told me that, "I like what you did with what I sent you on Friday." So many compliments on this book chapter. That either means that my writing has improved over time, OR that I write better when it's not about my own work.
No comments:
Post a Comment