10.03.2011

All for naught?

My thesis is going to be Long. I just incorporated one microarray table, and doubled the size of a chapter. It will easily be 300 pages. Easily. The thing that worries me is that some of it may never see the light of day outside of my thesis. I'm not sure anyone is going to take over my project when I'm gone, so the couple of experiments that have been pains that need to be done for publication may never happen. I have watched some of my former labmates' projects plod along and go nowhere, even though at least one of them was close to ready. I even did some experiments for that one, and still not out. Maybe it's just that my advisor is really good at sitting on data. Ugh. Either way, it worries me that I have done all this work for nearly nothing. Yay....


No comments:

Post a Comment