It was kind of a rough weekend, but I'm getting through.
First things first: making a slideshow for my friend's wedding is a GREAT distraction from what I really should be doing, which is writing. Oops. But it is definitely fun to go through old pictures and find little themes within them...if only that were a paying job. But then I suppose I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it were actually my job.
Second, why can't universities figure out climate control?? The lab is miserable and humid and warm, but one of the labs downstairs is freezing. But it makes it terrible for trying to do experiments, especially since I'm allergic to mold, and humidity = bad sinuses + mold = worse sinuses. Try having to put on a lab coat and work w/ radioactivity when it's miserably warm in the lab. The thermostat on the wall says 77. Bleh. 80 degrees is the same temperature as most of my experiments. Really annoying.
I think I might try to do mini-reviews of papers on here. Unfortunately, currently that means I might review papers only relevant to my research, but hopefully I will be able to branch out. More on that later...first I just need to survive and not melt in lab.
No comments:
Post a Comment